Have a question? We have an answer!

What are Credit Unions?

Credit unions are member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperatives. This is what distinguishes Polish-American Federal Credit Union (PAFCU) from other financial institutions.

Members help members by pooling their money, which is then available to lend to their fellow members. Credit union income, after expenses and reserves, is returned directly to members in the form of lower rates on loans, higher dividends on savings and many no-fee services. Every primary member has a vote for the credit union’s Board of Directors, regardless of how much he or she has on deposit. There is no select group of shareholders or owners that profits more than anyone else. All members profit, individually and collectively.

More than 85 million Americans belong to credit unions. Research shows that consumers are more satisfied with credit unions than with any other financial service providers.

How do I join Polish-American Federal Credit Union?

In order to join Polish-American FCU you first must belong to one of the organizations listed in our Field of Membership. Next you must open a Polish-American FCU share account with a minimum deposit of $5 which must be maintained at all times. Your membership is your passport to a whole world of credit union services. Once you‘re a member, you’re eligible to apply for other accounts—including checking, loans, credit cards, and more. Visit our branches in Troy or Hamtramck to find out more about becoming a member or visit our website at www.mypafcu.com or www.uniakredytowa.com. You are welcome to complete the membership pre-qualification form which is also located on our website.

What is the credit union's routing number?

The Polish-American FCU routing number is 272486407. The routing number is sometimes referred to as an “ABA” number or “routing transit” number. You can find it in the lower left-hand corner of your checks.

How do I sign into home banking?

  1. To sign into Home Banking, you first have to be registered/set-up. If you haven’t already registered, click the First Time Link and follow the directions.
  2. If you already set-up, sign in on the Polish-American FCU homepage (www.mypafcu.com or www.uniakredytowa.com). Just enter your Member Number and Password in the boxes provided and click Login.
  3. The next screen will prompt you to answer one of the challenge questions you selected as part of your set-up for home banking.
  4. Once you hit the Login button you will be logged into home banking and you will have access to your accounts and Bill Pay!

What should I do if my home banking login fails?

If you experience trouble logging into online/home banking you can contact any one of our branches 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST Monday through Thursday and 9:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST on Friday at (248) 619-0440 (Troy) or (313) 365-1000 (Hamtramck) for assistance or re-setting of your password if you are locked out.

Does the credit union offer free bill payment?

Yes. You can pay your bills online 24/7 and Polish-American FCU’s Bill Pay is FREE. Simply log into Home Banking and click the Bill Pay option and you will be automatically redirected to the Bill Pay module.

  1. Save money while you pay your monthly bills – no more envelopes, stamps to buy or trips to the post office.
  2. View past or pending payments.
  3. Schedule payments quickly and easily anytime, anywhere you have online access.
  4. Pay bills from multiple Polish-American FCU checking accounts.

How do I reorder checks online?

Order checks fast with just a few clicks.

Reorder Checks Online

Do you offer pre-paid VISA gift cards?

Yes. Polish-American FCU offers pre-paid VISA Gift Cards for a small fee. Visit our website and select the Resources tab for more information. For the most current listing of fees, visit the Resources tab and select Fee Schedule from the drop down.

How can I get a copy of my credit report?

The federal government requires that each of the three national credit-reporting agencies—Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion—gives you a free credit report each year. You can request a free copy of your credit report by visiting www.AnnualCreditReport.com.

According to the Federal Trade Commission, the only authorized online source is at annualcreditreport.com. Consumers should be aware that there are many sites out there that claim to offer “free” credit reports but often charge you for another product if you accept the report.

How do I change my address?

To change your address you may visit any of our branches or download and mail the Change of Address Form to: Polish-American Federal Credit Union 2889 E. Maple Rd Troy, MI 48083. Please have your signature notarized if you are mailing in the request for an address change. Only the primary account holder may request an address change.

Can I change my address online?

Address change requests may be processed at any of our conveniently located branches, or you may submit your request in writing by mail. To protect you and your accounts, we prefer that you have your signature notarized for requests submitted by mail.

Do I have to close my account if I move out of state?

Once you join Polish-American Federal Credit Union, you may remain a member for life, even if you move or change jobs. Visit our website to locate Share Branch locations which can process your banking transactions or utilize our website to conduct Home Banking and Bill Pay transactions.

How do I make a wire transfer?

To make a wire transfer you must first complete one of our Wire Transfer forms (Domestic Wire Transfer Request or International Wire Transfer Request) which can be found under the Forms section of our website. The form must be completed in its entirety, signed, and dated. You may then submit the form in person at any of our conveniently located branches. You may also scan and email the signed and completed form to contact@mypafcu.com or fax it to (313) 365-6321 (Hamtramck) or (248) 619-3230 (Troy).

How long do I have to dispute a charge from a debit card purchase?

Members must submit a dispute within 60 days of the transaction first appearing on their statement.

How long will does it take to resolve a dispute?

The required time for resolution depends on the type of dispute and the merchant. It may require up to 60 days. Disputes are typically resolved much quicker if the member contacts the merchant first.

Can I cancel a dispute I already submitted?

Call the number on the back of your card to cancel a dispute. We accept relay calls, too. 

Will I have access to the disputed fund while the debit card is being disputed?

Many times, a provisional credit will be applied to the account while we investigate the debit card dispute. This is usually done in 48 hours but may require up to 10 business days.

What do I do when I see an unauthorized charge?

If  your card is lost or stolen, or you think someone used your account without permission, call 1-800-991-04961 for Visa Cards and 1-888-241-2510 for debit cards. The credit union's number is 248-619-0440.

How do I remove pending charges from my account?

Only a merchant can cancel your pending transaction.

Go to main navigation